28 October 2017

Competition ring - Double layered Topaz ring

On the 3rd term this year, we were presented with a challenge from our jewellery teacher.
A basket claw setting and a octagonal cubic circona gem were given us with the message that during this term we could create a jewellery piece that included these items.

After an evening of studying pictures and being inspired, I decided to create a double layered ring.
I have never made anything like this before, so needed a lot of advise from the tutors.
I also wanted to change the pink cubic circone we were given to a lovely topaz I bought a few years ago. They were exactly the same size, so this was luckily not a problem.

Below is the ring I made. For me, it is not an everyday ring I would wear to work. I still love it tough - especially the Topaz gem! It is fun to have a ring for special days as well.

If you want to see the winning pieces, have a look at my Facebook page "TillaFrost".











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Please leave a message :)