24 January 2011

Back in Auckland

Hi all!

We arrived Auckland this morning after approx 38 hours of travelling, tired, hungry and in big need for a shower and clean clothes. It was raining and luckily not too warm.

I have used the day unpacking summer clothes and to stay awake. My darling went to work. The longer we stay awake, the faster we will be back into normal hours here. It is hard though. I even fall asleep while writing this.

The goodbyes with family and friends were sad. We had a lovely dinner with my friends the last night back home. A lot of laughs and good stories, but also some tears when the time for goodbyes came.
It has made me realize that I am very lucky to have such good friends and a lovely family that I will miss dearly. I am already hoping for visits when we are a bit more sorted here.

It is good to be here though. Don't misunderstand me. I am looking forward to start over again and to live with my darling husband again. It will be exciting to see what will come our way in regards to work and housing.
There are a lot of work to come, but we just have to enjoy it.

...and the summer is here....and this is a very lovely place.

Take care. I will write more later. Time for sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Good to learn you have arrived safely in NZ. Hope you get back on track and have time to settle in.
    Ms J ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!
Please leave a message :)