13 March 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Finally the day is here!

All the green people are back. I had almost forgotten what it felt like to be an outsider walking in to the chaos of green, but it happened today.
St. Patrick's Day is celebrated on the nearest Saturday as most "17 of March'es" always seem to arrive on a week day. Smart.

I remember a few years back (from my rocking chair...) when I was working in Auckland and we had a competition of who was "The Best Green Dressed Person In The Office". Some of us were boring and safe in a normal green clothes but one of my colleagues took it all out. She turned up on the bus in green shiny trousers and shirt (none matching), green make up and I think even green shoes! What a great look for a St. Patrick's Day!
She won the price - and deserved it.


I was walking up Queen Street today when I realized the St. Patrick's Day celebration was on. There were green looking people everywhere. Funny hats, boas, wigs and more. Everyone was waiting along the main street for the PARADE. I have never seen the parade here before so I thought I better get a good place to watch it all. They all looked awesome. Specially St. Patrick himself. He was hot. Just kidding (just in case my husband is reading this). :0)

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera today so no photos from me. I have been rude enough to borrow steal some but An Irish man ready for his Guinness.
will let you know who I borrowed stole it from.

So Guinness it is! Happy celebration!

PS. Where are all the green people the rest of the year?
















The picture of the Irishman is borrowed from http://aktivioslo.no/)
The rest of the images are borrowed from http://images.google.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Please leave a message :)